Even if you haven’t heard anything about Netflix before, you probably watched or at least heard about such series as "Black Mirror", "House of Cards", "13 Reasons Why" or "Stranger Things".
Netflix is available in any country and works on a variety of devices: smartphones (Android and iOS), tablets, computers, TVs, set-top boxes, game consoles, DVD and Blu-ray players.
This app is paid, so we decided to make a detailed review on Netflix, so that each reader could figure whether they need it or not.
Main features of Netflix
The video quality depends on the specific movie and can reach Ultra HD (4K) resolution. But the greatest feature is the support of videos with extended dynamic range in two formats (HDR10+ and Dolby Vision), as well as Dolby Atmos sound.
You can find out what format the video is available in directly in its description. Content that supports HDR10 or Dolby Vision is marked with the appropriate icons:
- Dolby Vision in the Netflix app
- Dolby Vision
- HD videos on netflix
Any video can be downloaded for further viewing without Internet access. To do this, just click the appropriate icon to the right of a specific episode (for TV series) or the Download button next to a movie or cartoon.
How much does Netflix cost?
This service works by subscription. In other words, you will have to pay monthly. And the subscription price depends on the tariff plan and the country where you purchase the subscription.
Before Netflix starts withdrawing money from your card, you will be given a 30-day free trial period. You can use the service in maximum quality, upload videos, or watch online. Check the number and variety of content and see what the image looks like in HDR10 or Dolby Vision (if your device supports these formats).
Then you can simply unsubscribe a couple of days before the end of the test period. This way you can watch Netflix for free for a whole month. Then delete the app or subscribe if you want.
Why can't you extend the test period
You may have come up with an idea — why not sign up for a new Netflix account every month and watch movies for free during each 30-day test period.
Indeed, this scheme worked at first. Netflix then made it mandatory to add a credit card when registering an account. If you close your account after a month and try to register a new one using the same credit card, you will not be granted any freer trial period.
Pricing plans are as follows:
- The basic plan for 8 euros / month includes the ability to watch videos in standard quality on only one device. In other words, two people sharing the account can not watch movies on different devices at the same time.
- The standard plan for 10 euros / month includes the ability to watch videos in 1080p FullHD quality simultaneously on two devices.
- Premium plan for 12 euros / month includes the ability to view videos in maximum quality (4K, HDR, Dolby Vision) simultaneously on 4 devices.
It is difficult to recommend Netflix unequivocally to all users. At a fairly high price, it currently has a very serious drawback. Netflix will probably have a Russian-language interface in the future. But it is hard to say when this will happen.
In any case, everyone can independently evaluate this service for free for 30 days. The main thing is not to forget to cancel your subscription later.
- Movies whose copyrights are not owned by Netflix, they do not broadcast
- You can't find anything on the channel that doesn't belong to this company's production
- You can cancel your subscription at least every other day. They won't refund your money, but they won't charge you any more.
- This is a global network, represented in about 200 countries. Scale gives you more opportunities to make your own movies and buy the best ones
- The subscription system allows you to watch legal content at a reasonable price. And conscience is calm, and inexpensive
- The first month of use is free
- Some series are not available in the original voice-over with English subtitles for free on pirate sites, and Netflix has this option
- At any time without viruses on any mobile device, Android, IOS. And watch without the Internet.